Questionnaire & Client Statement
Personal Information Worksheet
Both required forms MUST be completed by ALL clients before tax preparation:
- These forms provide us with important information on a few key items which must be presented and/or updated each year for the complete and accurate preparation of your returns.
- If you fail to provide this information, you assume the risk that your return may not be complete and accurate.
- Failure to complete these forms could also result in increased return preparation costs.
USEFUL FORMS & INFORMATION
Itemized Deduction Worksheet
Rental Property Worksheet
Self-Employed / Small Business Worksheet
Consumer Use Tax
WHAT TO BRING
Provide the following documents that apply to you, your spouse & dependents for the tax year being prepared:
- Form W-2s
- Form 1099s
- 1099-INT - Interest
- 1099-DIV - Dividends
- 1099-B - Brokerage
- 1099-MISC - Miscellaneous/Self Employed Income
- 1099-R - Retirement
- 1099-SSA - Social Security
- 1099-RRB - Railroad
- 1099-A or 1099C - Cancellation of Debt
- Form 1095s - Affordable Care Act (ACA/Obamacare)
- 1095-A - Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
- 1095-B - Health Coverage
- 1095-C - Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
- Schedule K-1's (received from S-corporations, Partnerships, Estates or Trusts)
- Closing statements (HUD-1) for any property bought or sold
- Forms 1098-T (college tuition statement)
- PACT, 529 Plan, or Education IRA withdrawal information.
- Notices received from IRS or other taxing agency.
- Resident state Consumer Use
- Copy of current identification (both spouses if joint return)
- A copy of my prior year's income tax return, only if The Callahan Group did not prepare it.
- Gifts to anyone during the tax year totaling more than $15,000 in value.
- Dates and amounts of all estimated (quarterly) income tax payments
- Details of foreign income, foreign taxes paid, and ownership interests in or authority over foreign bank/financial accounts or trusts.
- Remember to complete our required forms as well
- Appointments will be scheduled Monday through Friday AND on the following Saturdays:
- February 27
- March 20
- April 3
- We will not make appointments on April 13, 14 or 15, 2021!
- Our office will be closed Friday, April 16, 2021.
- We will try to accommodate special requests for earlier or later appointment times whenever possible.
- Don't have time for an appointment? You can mail, drop off, email or fax to us!
- NOTE: If using one of the methods above, we must receive your complete information at least 3 weeks prior to the filing deadline to make sure that it will be prepared in time.
- Electronic filing signature authorization forms must be returned to The Callahan Group within 3 business days for submission, and no later than noon on the business day prior to due date.
- DO NOT MAIL ELECTRONIC FILING FORMS TO IRS or STATE AGENCIES, or with any payments.
- You can return these forms by one of the following methods:
- By mail to: 6316 Piccadilly Square Dr, Ste B., Mobile, AL 36609
- By fax to: (251) 300-6021
- By email: scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, you can return the forms in person.
- Faxed or email copies are acceptable, please do not return originals when using the fax or email option.
- Your tax return will not be filed until we receive these signed forms back from you.
TAX PAYMENTS AND PENALTIES
- Any taxes that are owed must be paid by due date on payment vouchers provided.
- The signing and return of the required electronic filing forms does not dictate, alter or control the timing of my payment of any income taxes which may be due.
- The filing of the electronic return and the payment of any taxes due are distinct and separate functions.
- The IRS assesses separate penalties for the failure to file a return, and for the failure to pay income taxes due. The most severe of the two penalties is the failure to file penalty.
- We are happy to file extensions by client request.
- You must contact us to request an extension!
- Taxpayers are responsible for the timely filing of their tax return. If you will be delayed in filing, it is your responsibility to request an extension. Filing an extension of time to file your tax return does not extend the due date of any taxes that you may owe for the tax year extended, and you will be charged interest and penalties on any taxes not paid by their due dates.
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT (OBAMACARE) INFORMATION
Important Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) Health Insurance Coverage Information
- If you were covered during 2020 by the Affordable Care Act (marketplace) you should receive form 1095A.
- If you were otherwise insured, you may receive form 1095B or 1095C. Provide these forms at preparation.
- We MUST have ALL of your 1095A forms in order to file your return.
STATE REFUND STATUS
- January 31, 2021 - 2020 Forms W2 due
- January 31, 2021 - 4th Quarter 2020 Payroll Returns due
- January 31, 2021 - 2020 Forms 1099 due
- February 27, 2021 - Office open for Saturday Appointments
- March 15, 2021 - 2020 S-Corporation and Partnership Returns due (or extensions filed)
- March 20, 2021 - Office open for Saturday Appointments
- April 3, 2021 - Office open for Saturday Appointments
- April 13, 2021 - Last day for Tax Season Appointments
- April 9, 2021 - Request 2020 Individual Extensions today!
- April 15, 2021 - 2020 Individual and C-Corporation Returns due (or extensions filed)
- April 15, 2021 - 1st Quarter 2021 Estimated Tax Payment due
- April 16, 2021 - OFFICE CLOSED
- May 3, 2021 - Contact us now to schedule appointments for post-tax season matters
- June 15, 2021 - 2nd Quarter 2021 Estimated Tax Payment due
- July 31, 2021 - 2nd Quarter 2021 Payroll Returns due
- August 2, 2021 - If you extended your 2020 business or individual returns, now is the time to make an appointment or drop off your information
- September 15, 2021 - Extended 2020 S-Corporation Returns due
- September 15, 2021 - 3rd Quarter 2021 Estimated Tax Payment due
- September 15, 2021 - Extended 2020 Partnership Returns due
- October 15, 2021 - Extended 2020 Individual Returns due
- November 1, 2021 - 3rd Quarter 2021 Payroll Returns due
- November 1, 2021 - Call now to schedule Year End Planning appointment
- December 31, 2021 - 2020 Business Personal Property Returns due