Questionnaire & Client Statement
Personal Information Worksheet
Both required forms MUST be completed by ALL clients before tax preparation:
- These forms provide us with important information on a few key items which must be presented and/or updated each year for the complete and accurate preparation of your returns.
- If you fail to provide this information, you assume the risk that your return may not be complete and accurate.
- Failure to complete these forms could also result in increased return preparation costs.
USEFUL FORMS & INFORMATION
Itemized Deduction Worksheet
Rental Property Worksheet
Self-Employed / Small Business Worksheet
Consumer Use Tax
- Appointments will be scheduled Monday through Friday AND on the following Saturdays:
- February 24
- March 24
- April 7
- We will not make appointments on April 14, 16 or 17, 2018!
- Our office will be closed Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
- We will try to accommodate special requests for earlier or later appointment times whenever possible.
- Don't have time for an appointment? You can mail, drop off, email or fax to us!
- NOTE: If using one of the methods above, we must receive your complete information at least 3 weeks prior to the filing deadline to make sure that it will be prepared in time.
- Electronic filing signature authorization forms must be returned to The Callahan Group within 3 business days for submission, and no later than noon on the business day prior to due date.
- DO NOT MAIL ELECTRONIC FILING FORMS TO IRS or STATE AGENCIES, or with any payments.
- You can return these forms by one of the following methods:
- By mail to: 6316 Piccadilly Square Dr, Ste B., Mobile, AL 36609
- By fax to: (251) 300-6021
- By email: scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, you can return the forms in person.
- Faxed or email copies are acceptable, please do not return originals when using the fax or email option.
- Your tax return will not be filed until we receive these signed forms back from you.
TAX PAYMENTS AND PENALTIES
- Any taxes that are owed must be paid by due date on payment vouchers provided.
- The signing and return of the required electronic filing forms does not dictate, alter or control the timing of my payment of any income taxes which may be due.
- The filing of the electronic return and the payment of any taxes due are distinct and separate functions.
- The IRS assesses separate penalties for the failure to file a return, and for the failure to pay income taxes due. The most severe of the two penalties is the failure to file penalty.
- We are happy to file extensions by client request.
- You must contact us to request an extension!
- Taxpayers are responsible for the timely filing of their tax return. If you will be delayed in filing, it is your responsibility to request an extension. Filing an extension of time to file your tax return does not extend the due date of any taxes that you may owe for the tax year extended, and you will be charged interest and penalties on any taxes not paid by their due dates.
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT (OBAMACARE) INFOMATION
Important Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) Health Insurance Coverage Information
- If you were covered during 2017 by the Affordable Care Act (marketplace) you should receive form 1095A.
- If you were otherwise insured, you may receive form 1095B or 1095C. Provide these forms at preparation.
- We MUST have ALL of your 1095 forms in order to file your return.
STATE REFUND STATUS
- January 31, 2018 - 2017 Forms W2 due
- January 31, 2018 - 4th Quarter 2017 Payroll Returns due
- January 31, 2018 - 2017 Forms 1099 due
- February 24, 2018 - Office open for Appointments
- March 15, 2018 - 2017 S-Corporation and Partnership Returns due (or extensions filed)
- March 24, 2018 - Office open for Appointments
- April 7, 2018 - Office open for Appointments
- April 13, 2018 - Last day for Tax Season Appointments
- April 13, 2018 - Request 2017 Individual Extensions today!
- April 17, 2018 - 2017 Individual and C-Corporation Returns due (or extensions filed)
- April 17, 2018 - 1st Quarter 2018 Estimated Tax Payment due
- April 18, 2018 - OFFICE CLOSED
- May 1, 2018 - Contact us now to schedule appointments for post-tax season matters
- June 15, 2018 - 2nd Quarter 2018 Estimated Tax Payment due
- July 31, 2018 - 2nd Quarter 2018 Payroll Returns due
- August 1, 2018 - If you extended your 2017 business or individual returns, now is the time to make an appointment or drop off your information
- September 17, 2018 - Extended 2017 Corporation Returns due
- September 17, 2018 - 3rd Quarter 2018 Estimated Tax Payment due
- September 17, 2018 - Extended 2017 Partnership Returns due
- October 15, 2018 - Extended 2017 Individual Returns due
- October 31, 2018 - 3rd Quarter 2018 Payroll Returns due
- November 1, 2018 - Call now to schedule Year End Planning appointment
- December 31, 2018 - 2019 Business Personal Property Returns due